Wednesday, August 22, 2007

On Letting Go

So I've been thinking again about this whole concept of letting go. I always like to think about life as a river, hopefully flowing freely with the current. Sometimes it happens that I let myself stop flowing, caught up against a big ol' boulder in the river. The more I fight the flow forward the more of course I go nowhere. Trying hard to figure out what to do about the boulder, how to work with it, how to make it move. Its exhausting. I spend more and more energy spinning around and around. But alas, I am slowly ever slowly and gradually learning to relax and breathe, come up for air. I don't have to do anything but relax and breathe, be true to my own flow. I remind myself how important it is to ride, let go and flow onward. Go with the flow takes on a whole new meaning. When I relax I am myself. I find my own groove.

And on finding my groove, I have been hooping quite a bit the past two evenings with my girl. I close my eyes and feel myself fill with joy, grinning ear to ear. We listen to music and hoop, spin and dance.

No comments: